To promote the common interests of tourist guides in the District of Columbia and the greater metropolitan area by:
- Providing a forum for the discussion of issues of concern to tourist guides.
- Encouraging members to maintain the highest standards of service and integrity
- Keeping members abreast of any current information relevant to the profession through educational meetings and programs, regular membership meetings, and a newsletter, The Capital Guide
- Working with the appropriate governmental and private tourism-related organizations to resolve issues of mutual concern and to create a visitor-friendly metropolitan area.
- Representing the interests of the tourist guide profession in general, and the Guild members in particular, in matters involving the local, national, and international community.