Associate Tour Guide Members
Associate members are licensed guides accepted into the Guild by the Board of Directors, but are still in the process of completing requirements to advance to Full membership. Associate members are not eligible to vote in Guild elections or hold office.
Full Tour Guide Members
Full members have been Associate Guild Members for two consecutive years and fulfilled the prescribed Guild continuing education and attendance requirements. Full members are eligible to vote for and serve on the Board of Directors, wear the Guild badge with logo, purchase Guild items, and join the voluntary Certified Master Guide program.
Certified Master Guides (CMGs)
CMGs are full members with at least five years of guiding experience who have pursued an in-depth course of academic and practical study and who have passed comprehensive written and oral examinations by the Guild.
The annual membership fee entitles all Guild members to be eligible for the following benefits:
- Membership Directory, a comprehensive listing of all Guild members. It includes addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, and brief professional bios of each member. In addition, there is a list of Guild-certified Foreign Language Guides. All Affiliate and Friends members are listed with brief descriptions of their organizations.
- The Capital Guide, an informative monthly newsletter with a calendar of events and articles relating to the profession, updates of new facts, as well as commentary and synopses of seminars, field trips, and workshops sponsored by the Guild.
- HireGuides4DC, a program of job postings on the Guildguides Yahoo group.
- The Biennial Showcase (Job Fair/ Trade Show) which offers opportunities to be interviewed by Guild Affiliate Members for guiding jobs and to learn more about Guild members in the Friends category.
- Business Meetings (8 annually) which offer opportunities to network, share information and experiences with colleagues, and initiate professional relationships. These meetings are held at various sites of interest to the profession.
Guild guides may also participate in several two-way communication channels:
1. GuildGuides, a Yahoo group for need-to-know postings relating to Guild activities and heppenings that affect daily tour guiding.
2. DCguides, a Yahoo group for discussion of topics of general interest to tour guides.
3. GPTG Facebook, a closed group for sharing photos and information.
Guides May Participate in the following for Nominal Fees:
Continuing Education Programs:
- Seminars, trips, tours for all members
- Certified Master Guide Program
- Professional Development Program
Insurance: The Guild offers liability insurance through a group policy for those who choose to participate.
|< Prev||Next >|